Anyone who knows me will know that I love to eat and bake with Green and Black’s 70% dark chocolate. I’ve made dark chocolate cookies using this chocolate in the past so I wanted to do something different this time and added I peanut butter to the recipe! The cookies were baked perfectly with a soft middle and a slight crunch on the top.
If you would like to make them yourself, here’s what you need to do.
- 25g unsalted butter
- 115g dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 140g flour
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 20g cocoa powder
- 3 medium eggs
- 150 caster sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- Break the chocolate into chunks. Melt the chocolate and butter over a double broiler until smooth and leave to cool for five minutes.
- Once cooled, stir in the peanut butter, flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder, vanilla, salt and beat for ten minutes or until the consistency is like a sticky dough.
- Add the cocoa powder and beat for a couple more minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, split the dough into 12 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Coat the dough balls in icing sugar, flatten slightly and place on a baking tray.
- Make sure each cookie is a couple of inches away from another to avoid the cookies sticking together.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes on 200C.
- Allow to cool.